Just who is Julia?
Simply put, I help Geeks sell more stuff. I help marketing directors, tech product marketers, product managers, and tech marketing teams achieve a high return on their content marketing investment.
If you are a tech company, B2B tech, SaaS, or sports tech company that wants to increase conversions, ramp up website traffic, create and foster a genuine community around your products, and power up your content marketing programs, you’ve come to the right place. I’m here to help.
My Geek credentials
Before I was a full-time freelance copywriter, content marketer, and strategist I was a technical writer and manager at various software companies in the Toronto area. So I know how hard it is to find the right people. It’s hard because every copywriter and marketer has unique strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately, you usually don’t discover their weak points until after you’ve hired them. So I wanted to share five of my strengths, then you can decide if it makes sense for us to talk.
- I Really Am a Geek. I have been passionate about computers and technology for over 25 years. I wrote my first program in 1988 (in BASIC no less), and my beloved Atari 2600 still holds fond memories for me (and shelf space in my closet.)
- I Specialize in Content Marketing. My area of expertise is content marketing for technology companies (B2B and SaaS tech companies specifically). My writing and strategies are designed to help you develop and execute your own unique content marketing program. I understand what it means to “do” content marketing and help my clients set up a solid foundation for it.
- I Am a Geek Translator. My clients and marketing colleagues know me as the Geek who’s great at figuring out how the latest technology benefits customers. This means I know how to translate your tech “magic” into the plain English, benefits-driven content that can help you grow your business. My clients like how I can write the content they need to keep their audiences coming back for more.
My sports credentials
- I’m a working tennis line umpire. Working as a tennis line umpire at the Rogers Cup from 2012-2017 and 2015 PanAm & ParaPanAm Games here in Toronto.
- I’m fascinated by sports tech. I am constantly amazed by all the new tech I see in sports today & I love working with sports tech & science companies to help ‘train’ their marketing to win.
- I attended the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games. I spent over $13,000 in tickets to see everything from the gold medal women’s hockey game to a ton of men’s & women’s curling to short track speed skating, cross-country skiing, and men’s hockey.
- I am a long-suffering Detroit Lions fan. That’s because I grew up in the Detroit TV station viewing area, though now I’m more of a Green Bay Packers fan.
- I am a MASSIVE fan of the Montreal Canadiens specifically, and the NHL in general. I’ll watch any good hockey game, regardless of who’s playing.
- I am a runner. Mainly I run to de-stress from my daily life, I also do it to stay in shape and keep my physiotherapist in business (Seriously, I’ve seen her more often than my own family in the last year!)
- I’ve played sports all my life, including basketball, volleyball, tennis, and ultimate frisbee.
- And no, I don’t consider eSports to be “sports”. Sorry fellow Geeks, it just doesn’t make sense to me.
Want to stay in touch? Subscribe to my newsletter
This free newsletter is delivered right to your inbox. No spam or over-the-top selling, just helpful tips & updates from me.
It’s a semi-regular newsletter where I share my thoughts on all things tech, sports, and content marketing.
Don't worry, I won't inundate your inbox, nor will I sell or give away your email address. I hate spam too.